Harmony Hope

Personal Ramblings as I search for ways to bring harmony to my chaotic life!

Friday, August 05, 2005

Crazy Lives...

I don't get it, really. I guess over in France they only work a 35 hour work week, get paid $27000 a year and get 5 weeks paid vacation time!!! I think I need to move! I bust my butt for 40 hours a week to make $20000 a year and I only get two weeks vacation.

Society here in North America would really benefit from a more laid back culture. Stress levels would go down, repetitive injuries would be down, people would be generally happier - more leisure time, more time with our children would be a huge bonus; MORE TIME TO ACTUALLY LIVE. Really, if you had to work less and made more money, wouldn't you be happier? I know I would. I'd actually get to be there for my kids. I'd be able to pursue the things that I would like to. I'd like to know my friends' kids' a little better, but who has the time?

If we could lose the competetive edge a bit - take it down a notch. I mean, everyone has to have a more expensive house, a more expensive car, more leisure toys (jet-ski's, boats, cottages, motorcycles, computers, game systems, cell phones, big screen TV's, etc.).

I lead a quiet life, but I would like to travel some day - it's a big world and I'd like to see some of it before my time's up. But honestly, I doubt if I'm ever going to be able to afford it. My husband and I have been married for ten years and we are still going from paycheque to paycheque with virtually no money in our savings account. We have a few RRSP's and RESP's for our kids, but nothing tucked away for our use- to enjoy life. We always have repair bills popping up that get us further and further into debt. We don't have any real toys. We have a computer and like I said, we just got StarChoice satellite. We are caught up on all our bill payments, BUTthere are others out there looming above our heads. My eldest son needs to go the the dentist. I need an eye exam and probably new glasses. I need to get a CPAP machine to help me breathe at night. All these things are going to cost money. Money I don't really have!!

I just wish that I could work less and make more money. I need to simplify my life!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home